HomeFree Video TutorialsFairy School TutorialClasses

Monday, July 18, 2016

Sunny Morning Tea


Hello All!

Welcome to Teacup Tuesday!
Martha says it is #314!
Wow!
she is Sharing Joy today.
 
The sun was pouring in the kitchen window this morning,
creating such a warm glow and feeling of coziness!

 It was the perfect time for tea...
and a quiet moment...  


This is a lovely trio given to me
by the same friend who gifted 
the cup I shared last week.
Dianne is more than generous!
Thank you again : ) 

I am having Organic English Breakfast tea...
Mmmmmm

I wish Dianne was here to sip tea with : )
But sadly we live an ocean apart. 
Not unusual with all the worldwide friendships
Bloglandia has made possible.
Thank you Bloglandia! 

This tea cup was made by Minton
and the pattern is Penrose. 
It is a lovely bone coloring
with very pretty blues.
Dianne picks out beautiful tea cups!


Simple linen napkins 
laid in a new found china dish. 


tiny bits of delight enrich our beautiful natural environment
and increase our present moment joy...


New found sugar and creamer
lovely, even better in "person"
shine in the morning light. 


 It is good to have such quiet lovely moments!
and wonderful to share these moments with all of YOU!
: )

How are you doing this week?
Are  you having some moments to be quiet and enjoy?
(sometimes seems impossible doesn't it?)
 Any creative projects going? 

I am still working on my glitter houses,
and also crochet, quilting (need to bind doggie quilt)
and flower drying. 
Oh! And I painted the wicker chair I found...

I am dreaming up a cushion now....


Dried dill
(microwave)


 My first time trying hydrangea,
they were from the grocery store
and a little bruised here and there.
The pic does not show their beauty.

 I had not tired the microwave technique for drying flowers,
and I leaned a few things quick!
One-the paper towel texture can show up on your flowers, lol!
two-the packet comes out really really hot!
three-freshest in morning is best, after dew dries off.

You just put your flowers inside a piece of folded watercolor
paper or other absorbent paper,
then layer a few layers of more paper
on both sides of the folded paper. 


Find two sturdy pieces of cardboard for front and back covers
to squish it all down and hold it tight. 
I used three rubber bands to secure.
Then pop the packet in the micro for 1 min.
(laid heavy ceramic dish on to hold down)
You may need another 30 sec or so 
depending on thickness and moisture.

I am having fun and my husband said
"you finally found a use for your micro".


Wishing you all a beautiful week!
Hugs,
Terri

I am joining in Sandi, Bernideen, Ruth, as well 
as dear Martha for tea today.
(their names are their links)
Thank You!

21 comments:

Mimi said...

Terri, a beautiful post that has me scurrying to press my own flowers! What a joy that was for me as a child, and so accessible for anyone to replicate. Just gorgeous. Mimi xxx

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

Thanks for the info on drying flowers in the microwave. I haven't heard of it but I will give it a try. Your cup is lovely.

Linda Kunsman said...

oh what really lovely photos Terri. Gorgeous hydrangeas! Love your new finds too-I am such a sucker for vintage pieces:) Tea always tastes extra special in a pretty cup doesn't it? Sounds like you're having a wonderful creative time. Enjoy!

Princesa Nadie said...

Dear Terry
I always enjoy comming here!!!!
Beautiful post again

Love

Dorthe said...

Dear Terri,
oh your dried flowers are so lovely, and beautiful. And what a simple technique, using the
micro wave .... My husband could say the same, as we almost never uses it . Which program are you using?.
Your morning seemed to have been so very lovely and quiet, beautiful with the tea set from your friend, with the golden tea inside the cup, the glass ware you found , and the beautiful atmosphere you describe . I hope the rest of your day, will be equal, wonderful, and peaceful.
We so need it in this world !!!
Warm hugs from Dorthe

Antiques And Teacups said...

Lovely as usual Terri! And I love your pretty teacup...the dish is charming! It is always fun to hear about your projects. I grew up with a nurseryman aunt and uncle, and we were always hunting plants and preserving them in books...never tried microwaving them! Lol! Have a wonderful week and thanks for linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea.
Ruth

janice15 said...

Dearest, I just love your new teacup and plates. They look so elegant and go perfect with your Hydreageous, which are beautiful. Your sugar and creamer are lovely as well. I will have to give that micro things a try.. Love new week to you as well. With love Janice

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Terri,
I haven't pressed flowers in such a long time and what a novel idea to microwave them! Never heard of that before. You are just brimming over with ideas. Your teacup trio is lovely and looks stunning with the blue hydrangeas. It doesn't take much to make one happy, does it? We enjoy those little moments that come our way, don't we? I am very busy right now preparing for my family's arrival. We had such a lot to do. More than usual actually because we are hoping to downsize. I'm so glad you were able to share and link up this week. Take care, my friend, and have a beautiful week.

Blessings,
Sandi

Johanna said...

Dear Terri,
thank you for your lovely comment on my blogpost. You are sooo charming. I am not so busy in Bloglandia anymore. Its simply too much to do. But now as I visit your blog I feel as if I should have more time for visits. You are SO creative. I have never heard nor seen flower drying in the micro. But the result is gorgeous. I dry my flowers still in old telephone books. :-)) I will have a try with your way. The tea cup is sweet and its generous of Dianne to gift it to you. But I guess she knows, that you are very special and her tea cup has a great life with you. Thank you for sharing your creativity and have a blessed friend.
Best greetings, Johanna

Frieda Oxenham said...

As always I am loving your glorious photography, delicious teacups and sharing our cups of rea,

Deborah Montgomery said...

What a pretty and peaceful post. I love hydrangeas, and am enjoying mine starting to bloom this past week. I've never heard of drying flowers in the microwave. What a good idea. I'm planning to dry some flowers from our daughter's upcoming wedding, so thank you for the idea. I'm going to bookmark this post. Blessings, Deborah

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

Oh, Terri, your posts are always so very dreamy!

What gorgeous pictures.

My mother used to press flowers. I never have but I sure like them - great hints.

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

Ooo Terri, you always share the prettiest, most gentle tea times. I feel like I've had a warm hug when I visit you.
Your new teacup trio is so lovely, as is your new dish and sugar and creamer. Thank you for sharing the information on pressing flowers, too.
Ive been making sleeping bags for American Girl dolls and crocheting a granny square afghan to donate late on in the year.
Have a beautiful week, Terri!

Two Cottages And Tea said...

What a lovely trio from your friend! Yes, tea time is so special and soothing for me too. I have only dryed my hydrangeas in the vase, lots of times not too pleased with the results if not picked at the right time. You sound like you are keeping busy with lots of projects. So glad you must be feeling better! Wishing you a wonderfu week!
Nancy

My Cozy Corner said...

Beautiful post. I love your teacup, and I love dried hydrangeas. Mine are drying in the vase now.
Joyously,
Betty

Paper Profusion said...

A beautiful post Terri - it was very lovely to take a rest here! Thanku for flower pressing details too. Nicola x

Anonymous said...

Your gifted Penrose is quite lovely. Minton is quality English china. Linen and flowered china marry well. A dainty, delicate creamer and sugar pair made of vintage glass is a treasured find. Terri, how I wish I had an hydrangea plant to attempt to learn how to dry their scrumptious blossoms. Kindest regards, Jill

Victoria said...

Hi Terri, wow..what a super beautiful post..everything is enchanting my heart !! You are always so inspiring..love the flowers(hydrangeas are on of my faves) and napkins ! Gorgeous and elegant colors in all of your gorgeous photos...stunning!!
Wishing you a most magical summertime!
HUgs and Blessings
Victoria

Margie said...

What a lovely trio! I'm also admiring the sugar and cream set. This is the first time I've heard of microwaving flowers. What a clever idea!

Bernideen said...

Dear Martha:
I love the glass cream and sugars as they go with everything! I have a set of personal sized ones. Your flowers turned out so pretty and I actually like that paper towel texture on them! What a lovely cup and saucer and posting!! Thanks for sharing and linking.

Linda M. said...

Terri,
Your post is so beautiful as always. I can't wait to see how the chair turns out. Thanks for always inspiring.
Hugs, Linda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...